Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates and repairs jewelry articles, such as rings, brooches, pendants, bracelets, and lockets: Forms model of article from wax or metal, using carving tools.
- 2) Places wax model in casting ring, and pours plaster into ring to form mold.
- 3) Inserts plaster mold in furnace to melt wax.
- 4) Casts metal model from plaster mold.
- 5) Forms mold of sand or rubber from metal model for casting jewelry.
- 6) Pours molten metal into mold, or operates centrifugal casting machine to cast article.
- 7) Cuts, saws, files, and polishes article, using handtools and polishing wheel.
- 8) Solders pieces of jewelry together, using soldering torch or iron.
- 9) Enlarges or reduces size of rings by sawing through band, adding or removing metal, and soldering ends together.
- 10) Repairs broken clasps, pins, rings, and other jewelry by soldering or replacing broken parts.
- 11) Reshapes and restyles old jewelry, following designs or instructions, using handtools and machines, such as jeweler's lathe and drill.
- 12) Smooths soldered joints and rough spots, using hand file and emery paper.
- 13) May be designated according to metals fashioned as Goldsmith; Platinumsmith; Silversmith I.
Is being a "JEWELER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "JEWELER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "JEWELER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "JEWELER"
Job Number: 5477