Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Guards prisoners in precinct station house or municipal jail, assuming responsibility for all needs of prisoners during detention: Locks prisoner in cell after searching for weapons, valuables, or drugs.
- 2) Serves meals to prisoner and provides or obtains medical aid if needed.
- 3) May prepare arrest records identifying prisoner and charge assigned.
- 4) May question prisoner to elicit information helpful in solving crime.
- 5) May prepare meals for self and prisoner.
- 6) May distribute commissary items purchased by inmates, such as candy, snacks, cigarettes, and toilet articles, and record payment on voucher.
- 7) In small communities, may perform duties of SHERIFF, DEPUTY or POLICE OFFICER I when not engaged in guard duties.
Is being a "JAILER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "JAILER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "JAILER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "JAILER"
Job Number: 5451