Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of jail staff: Establishes rules, regulations, and procedures to be executed by JAILERS.
- 2) Prepares work schedules and assigns duties.
- 3) Reviews commitment orders of new inmates to ensure that legal requirements are met.
- 4) Classifies and segregates inmates according to status, such as pretrial, under-sentence, or witness.
- 5) Communicates with court officials to ensure availability of inmates for trials or hearings.
- 6) Escorts inmates to courts, hospitals, and other correctional institutions.
- 7) Schedules visits of medical personnel to treat inmates.
- 8) Directs search of inmates and all areas for contraband.
- 9) Inspects facilities for cleanliness.
- 10) Selects trustees for special work assignments.
- 11) Accepts and records bail and fine payments, issues receipts, and arranges for release of inmates.
- 12) Prepares reports concerning inmate population and jail functions, as required by law.
- 13) Writes daily activity reports for superiors.
- 14) Maintains financial records for use in budget preparation.
- 15) Prepares requisitions for commissary, clothing, and housekeeping supplies.
- 16) Evaluates work of subordinates and takes disciplinary measures for inefficiency or violation of regulations.
- 17) Maintains personnel records of subordinates.
Is being a "JAILER, CHIEF" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "JAILER, CHIEF" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "JAILER, CHIEF"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "JAILER, CHIEF"
Job Number: 5452