"IRRIGATOR, VALVE PIPE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Floods or row-irrigates field sections, using portable pipe sections equipped with valves connected to underground waterline: Secures gate attachment to vertical pipe.
- 2) Connects length of valve pipe to gate and attaches additional pipe through field section or across ends of rows until area is spanned.
- 3) Starts motor that pumps water through pipeline system, and opens valves to direct water over uneven terrain and fill rows or areas enclosed by checks.
- 4) Observes rate of flow and adjusts valves accordingly.
- 5) Shovels dirt into holes and low spots in levees and removes obstructions.
- 6) Digs opening in embankment at end of row to direct overflow of water into spillway.
- 7) Builds levees to prevent water from overflowing other crops or highways.
- 8) Lubricates pumping equipment and makes minor repairs.
Is being an "IRRIGATOR, VALVE PIPE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "IRRIGATOR, VALVE PIPE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "IRRIGATOR, VALVE PIPE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "IRRIGATOR, VALVE PIPE"
Job Number: 5443