"IRON-PLASTIC BULLET MAKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines that mix, mold, and bake iron powder and plastic to form spatterless bullets for small arms ammunition: Measures, weighs, and pours specified quantities of iron powder, plastic crystals, and solvent into steam-heated mixing machine to coat each particle of iron powder with adhesive plastic.
- 3) Observes dials, indicators, and gauges, and turns valves to regulate and maintain prescribed heat and pressure during designated mixing period.
- 4) Opens hatch in mixer bottom to dump dried, coated iron powder onto shaker screen that removes clinkers.
- 5) Signals INDUSTRIAL-TRUCK OPERATOR to move cans of sifted powder and to lift them to platform above bullet molding press.
- 6) Scoops powder from can and sifts it through screen to remove oversize particles and to fill hopper of bullet molding machine.
- 7) Starts machine that compresses iron powder in molds to form bullets.
- 8) Examines bullets for malformation and replaces worn punches and dies, using handtools.
- 9) Regulates conveyor speed and electric oven temperature by pressing buttons and switches to bake and cool bullets.
- 10) Measures sample bullets, using dial indicator and fixed gauges.
- 11) Tests samples for hardness, using special device that measures force required to break off bullet nose.
- 12) Rebakes rejected bullets to reduce diameter or increase hardness to meet specifications.
Is being an "IRON-PLASTIC BULLET MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "IRON-PLASTIC BULLET MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "IRON-PLASTIC BULLET MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "IRON-PLASTIC BULLET MAKER"
Job Number: 5435