Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Investigates regulated activities to assure compliance with federal, state, or municipal laws: Locates and interviews plaintiffs, witnesses, or representatives of business or government to gather facts relating to alleged violation.
- 2) Observes conditions to verify facts indicating violation of law relating to such activities as revenue collection, employment practices, or fraudulent benefit claims.
- 3) Examines business, personal, or public records and documents to establish facts and authenticity of data.
- 4) Investigates character of applicant for special license or permit.
- 5) Investigates suspected misuses of license or permit.
- 6) Prepares correspondence and reports of investigations for use by administrative or legal authorities.
- 7) Testifies in court or at administrative proceedings concerning findings of investigation.
- 8) May serve legal papers.
- 9) May be required to meet licensing or certification standards established by regulatory agency concerned.
- 10) May be designated according to function or agency where employed as Inspector, Weights And Measures; Investigator, Internal Revenue; Investigator, Welfare; Postal Inspector; Investigator, Claims.
Is being an "INVESTIGATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INVESTIGATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INVESTIGATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INVESTIGATOR"
Job Number: 5412