Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
- 2) Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records, such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
- 3) Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- 4) Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
- 5) Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- 6) Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- 7) May operate office machines, such as typewriter or calculator.
- 8) May stock and issue materials or merchandise.
- 9) May be designated according to item inventoried as Property-And-Equipment Clerk; or type of inventory as Inventory Clerk, Physical.
Is being an "INVENTORY CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INVENTORY CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INVENTORY CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INVENTORY CLERK"
Job Number: 5409