Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Translates spoken passages from one language into another: Provides consecutive or simultaneous translation between languages.
- 2) In consecutive interpreting listens to complete statements in one language, translates to second, and translates responses from second into first language.
- 3) Expresses either approximate or exact translation, depending on nature of occasion.
- 4) In simultaneous interpreting renders oral translation of material at time it is being spoken, usually hearing material over electronic audio system and broadcasting translation to listeners.
- 5) Usually receives briefing on subject discussed prior to interpreting session.
- 6) May be designated according to language or languages interpreted.
- 7) May specialize in specific subject area.
Is being an "INTERPRETER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INTERPRETER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INTERPRETER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INTERPRETER"
Job Number: 5407