Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, designs, and furnishes interior environments of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings: Confers with client to determine architectural preferences, purpose and function of environment, budget, types of construction, equipment to be installed, and other factors which affect planning interior environments.
- 2) Integrates findings with knowledge of interior design and formulates environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving life style of occupants.
- 3) Advises client on interior design factors, such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, color schemes, and color coordination.
- 4) Renders design ideas in form of paste ups, drawings, or illustrations, estimates material requirements and costs, and presents design to client for approval.
- 5) Selects or designs and purchases furnishings, art works, and accessories.
- 6) Subcontracts fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items.
- 7) May plan and design interior environments for boats, planes, buses, trains, and other enclosed spaces.
- 8) May specialize in particular field, style, or phase of interior design.
- 9) May specialize in decorative aspects of interior design and be designated Interior Decorator.
Is being an "INTERIOR DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INTERIOR DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INTERIOR DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INTERIOR DESIGNER"
Job Number: 5400