"INTEGRATED CIRCUIT LAYOUT DESIGNER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs layout for integrated circuits, according to engineering specifications, using computer-assisted design equipment and software, and utilizing knowledge of electronics, drafting, and IC design rules: Reviews and analyzes engineering design schematics and supporting documents, such as logic diagrams and design rules to plan layout of IC.
- 2) Confers with engineering staff to resolve design details or problems.
- 3) Enters engineering specifications into computer memory of CAD equipment and composes configurations on equipment display screen of IC logic elements for all IC layers, using keyboard, digitizing work aids, and engineering design schematics, and applying knowledge of design rules, programmed CAD functions, and electronics.
- 4) Compares logic element configuration on equipment display screen with engineering schematics and redesigns or modifies logic elements, as needed, using digitizing work aids, keyboard, and programmed CAD functions.
- 5) Lays out, redesigns, and modifies arrangement and interconnections of logic elements for each layer of integrated circuit, using digitizing work aids, keyboard and programmed CAD functions listed on display screen.
- 6) Keys in specified commands, using CAD equipment keyboard, to test final IC layout for errors in design rules, using design rule software package.
- 7) May generate copy of logic element design, using plotter to verify that logic element design copy meets design requirements and for use in laying out IC layer design for Very Large Scale integrated circuits.
- 8) May generate tape of final layout design for use in producing photo masks for each layer of IC, using CAD equipment.
- 9) May program CAD equipment to change CAD functions listed on display screen, using keyboard.
- 10) May be designated according to complexity of IC designed as IC Designer, Custom; IC Designer, Gate Arrays; IC Designer, Standard Cells.
Is being an "INTEGRATED CIRCUIT LAYOUT DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INTEGRATED CIRCUIT LAYOUT DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INTEGRATED CIRCUIT LAYOUT DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INTEGRATED CIRCUIT LAYOUT DESIGNER"
Job Number: 5395