Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Verifies hospitalization insurance coverage, computes patients' benefits, and compiles itemized hospital bills: Types insurance assignment form with data, such as names of insurance company and policy holder, policy number, and physician's diagnosis.
- 2) Telephones, writes, or wires insurance company to verify patient's coverage and to obtain information concerning extent of benefits.
- 3) Computes total hospital bill showing amounts to be paid by insurance company and by patient, using adding and calculating machines.
- 4) Answers patient's questions regarding statements and insurance coverage.
- 5) Telephones or writes companies with unpaid insurance claims to obtain settlement of claim.
- 6) Prepares forms outlining hospital expenses for governmental, welfare, and other agencies paying bill of specified patient.
Is being an "INSURANCE CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSURANCE CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSURANCE CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSURANCE CLERK"
Job Number: 5393