Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies insulating material to exposed surfaces of structures, such as air ducts, hot and cold pipes, storage tanks, and cold storage rooms: Reads blueprints and selects required insulation material, such as fiberglass, foam rubber, styrofoam, cork, or urethane, based on material's heat retaining or excluding characteristics.
- 2) Brushes adhesives on or attaches metal adhesive-backed pins to flat surfaces as necessary to facilitate application of insulation material.
- 3) Measures and cuts insulation material to specified size and shape for covering flat or round surfaces, using tape measure, knife, or scissors.
- 4) Fits, wraps, or attaches required insulation material around or to structure, following blueprint specifications.
- 5) Covers or seals insulation with preformed plastic covers, canvas strips, sealant, or tape to secure insulation to structure, according to type of insulation used and structure covered, using staple gun, trowel, paintbrush, or caulking gun.
Is being an "INSULATION WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSULATION WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSULATION WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSULATION WORKER"
Job Number: 5385