"INSULATION CUTTER AND FORMER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts and forms insulation, gaskets, and wedges used in electric motors and generators, performing any combination of following duties: Measures and marks dimensions and holes on insulation material, such as felt, fiber, mica, and fiberglass, using specifications or template.
- 2) Places sheet of insulation against shearing machine stops, depresses pedal to lower blade to cut strips, or inserts sheet under roller-type holddown and against stops of circular saw to cut strips.
- 3) Places cut material into bending machine and depresses pedal to rotate movable section around fixed mandrel to shape sides.
- 4) Holds flat and wedge insulation against pedestal grinder to grind U-shaped bevel in end or inserts mica sheets between drums of drum sander to wear down to specified thickness.
- 5) Measures thickness of each mica sheet, using micrometer, and stacks sheets according to dimensions.
- 6) May cut shaped wooden or fiber strips to lengths for wedges, using bandsaw.
Is being an "INSULATION CUTTER AND FORMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSULATION CUTTER AND FORMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSULATION CUTTER AND FORMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSULATION CUTTER AND FORMER"
Job Number: 5384