Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to wind insulating material, such as tape, yarn, and cloth around electric wire and cable: Loads reel of wire onto machine spindle and threads wire between metal and felt cleaning strips, through tank of liquid adhesive, and through taping mechanism.
- 2) Fastens wire to takeup reel.
- 3) Winds end of insulating material around wire and starts machine.
- 4) Observes automatic wrapping of material around wire to detect broken or loose wrapping or uneven winding of wire on reel.
- 5) Stops machine to repair breaks, adjust guides, and replenish supply of insulating material and liquid adhesive.
- 6) Forms continuous wire by clamping ends of wire to be joined in electrodes of electric brazing torch, turning on current, and holding filler rod to heated wire ends.
- 7) Measures wire with micrometer to determine that insulation meets specifications.
- 8) Wraps paper around full wire reels, attaches identification tag, and lifts reel from machine.
- 9) May operate machine, equipped with winding device, to wrap protective metal strip over insulation.
- 10) May thread insulated wire through melted paraffin and polishing wipers to make insulation waterproof.
- 11) May be designated according to insulating material applied as Paper-Wrapping-Machine Operator; Varnish-Cambric-Covering-Machine Operator; or type of machine operated as Double-Lay-Winder-And-Paraffin-Unit Operator; Tandem-Taping-And-Paper-Wrapping-Machine Operator.
Is being an "INSULATING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSULATING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSULATING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSULATING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5383