Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs, repairs, maintains, and adjusts indicating, recording, telemetering, and controlling instruments and test equipment, used to control and measure variables, such as pressure, flow, temperature, motion, force, and chemical composition, using precision instruments, and handtools: Disassembles malfunctioning instruments or test equipment, such as bargraphs, electrical ovens, multimeters, environmental cabinets, and weatherometers, and examines and tests mechanisms and circuitry for defects.
- 2) Replaces or repairs defective parts, using handtools.
- 3) Reassembles instrument or test equipment, and tests assembly for conformance to specifications, using instruments, such as potentiometer, resistance bridge, manometer, and pressure gauge.
- 4) Inspects instruments and test equipment periodically and adjusts calibration to ensure functioning within specified standards.
- 5) May calibrate instruments or test equipment according to established standards.
- 6) May be designated according to type of instrument repaired as Aircraft Instrument Repairer; Panel-Instrument Repairer; X-Ray-Control-Equipment Repairer.
Is being an "INSTRUMENT MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSTRUMENT MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSTRUMENT MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSTRUMENT MECHANIC"
Job Number: 5371