"INSTRUMENT MECHANIC, WEAPONS SYSTEM"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs, tests, and calibrates optomechanical instruments, such as range finders, gun directors, and fire-control instruments, according to specifications, using handtools, bench machines, and precision measuring instruments: Disassembles optomechanical instruments and inspects for defects, such as broken or worn mechanical parts and scratched or defectively coated optical elements.
- 2) Fabricates replacement parts, using bench lathes, drill presses, and milling machines.
- 3) Cleans optical element, using cloth, and immerses element in solution to remove defective coating.
- 4) Files and hones mechanical parts to facilitate meshing of gears.
- 5) Coats optical element, using coating equipment.
- 6) Reassembles instruments and adjusts parts to ensure freedom of movement, using handtools.
- 7) Installs instrument in test fixture or mount, and sights known objective of fixed distance and height to test sighting accuracy of instrument.
- 8) Adjusts readings on instrument dials to calibrate instrument according to observation.
- 9) Measures dial graduations and scales to verify accuracy, using precision measuring instruments.
- 10) Engraves scales and graduations on instrument dials to correct errors, using pantograph engraving machine.
Is being an "INSTRUMENT MECHANIC, WEAPONS SYSTEM" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSTRUMENT MECHANIC, WEAPONS SYSTEM" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSTRUMENT MECHANIC, WEAPONS SYSTEM"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSTRUMENT MECHANIC, WEAPONS SYSTEM"
Job Number: 5372