"INSTRUCTOR-TRAINER, CANINE SERVICE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Instructs police officers in handling of dogs for police work in canine training facility: Instructs police officers in dog training techniques, such as obedience training, tracking, and crowd control.
- 2) Demonstrates dog handling techniques with dog on and off leash, using trained dog.
- 3) Instructs officers on subjects related to use of dogs in police work, such as theory of scent and narcotics and bomb detection.
- 4) Informs officers of health care of dogs and responsibilities of handlers.
- 5) Observes officer and dog teams during practice sessions, and offers suggestions to improve handling techniques when necessary.
- 6) Contacts representatives of other police departments and law enforcement agencies throughout country to keep training updated and to schedule training sessions.
- 7) Conducts tours of facility and explains importance of dogs in police work.
- 8) Purchases dog food and supplies and directs maintenance of facility.
Is being an "INSTRUCTOR-TRAINER, CANINE SERVICE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSTRUCTOR-TRAINER, CANINE SERVICE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSTRUCTOR-TRAINER, CANINE SERVICE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSTRUCTOR-TRAINER, CANINE SERVICE"
Job Number: 5366