"INSTRUCTOR, PHYSICAL EDUCATION"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Instructs students in physical education activities in educational institution: Plans physical education program to promote development of student's physical attributes and social skills.
- 2) Teaches individual and team sports to students, utilizing knowledge of sports techniques and of physical capabilities of students.
- 3) Organizes, leads, instructs, and referees indoor and outdoor games, such as volleyball, baseball, and basketball.
- 4) Instructs individuals or groups in beginning or advanced calisthenics, gymnastics, or corrective exercises, determining type and level of difficulty of exercises, corrections needed, and prescribed movements, applying knowledge of sports, physiology, and corrective techniques.
- 5) Teaches and demonstrates use of gymnastic and training apparatus, such as trampolines and weights.
- 6) Confers with students, parents, and school counselor to resolve student problem.
- 7) May select, store, order, issue, and inventory equipment, materials, and supplies used in physical education program.
- 8) May specialize in instructing specific sport, such as tennis, swimming, or basketball.
- 9) May teach students with disabilities.
- 10) May be required to have certification from state.
Is being an "INSTRUCTOR, PHYSICAL EDUCATION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSTRUCTOR, PHYSICAL EDUCATION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSTRUCTOR, PHYSICAL EDUCATION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSTRUCTOR, PHYSICAL EDUCATION"
Job Number: 5358