Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and directs library program for residents and staff of extended care facilities, such as mental institutions, correctional institutions, or institutions for physically handicapped or mentally retarded: Develops library policies and programs and prepares operational budgets.
- 2) Selects, acquires, and organizes library materials for convenient access.
- 3) Provides readers' advisory services on basis of knowledge of current reviews and bibliographies.
- 4) Reviews requests, and selects books and other library materials according to mental state, educational background, and special needs of residents.
- 5) Assembles book reviews for institution's bulletins or newspapers, and circulates reviews among residents.
- 6) Provides handicapped or bedridden residents with reading aids, such as prism glasses, page turners, bookstands, or talking books, and with phonograph records.
Is being an "INSTITUTION LIBRARIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSTITUTION LIBRARIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSTITUTION LIBRARIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSTITUTION LIBRARIAN"
Job Number: 5340