"INSTALLER, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING, MECHANICAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs electrical circuitry and fixtures, plumbing and plumbing fixtures, and engines in sailboats, using power and handtools: Reads blueprints and work diagrams to determine length and size of wire needed.
- 2) Measures and cuts wire to specified length, using tape measure and electrician's pliers.
- 3) Strips insulation from ends of wire, using electrician's knife, and connects wire to terminals, using screwdriver.
- 4) Strings wire harness beneath hull flange to secure harness with nylon strap.
- 5) Pulls length of wire from harness at specified points to complete branch circuits.
- 6) Drills holes in bulkhead and cabin and mounts panels and fixtures, using electric drill and screwdriver.
- 7) Places toilet in prescribed location on toilet pedestal and secures toilet with bolts, using hand held wrench.
- 8) Places sink in countertop cutout, applies sealant around edge of sink, using caulking gun, and secures sink with fasteners, using wrench.
- 9) Forces ends of prescribed, precut hoses over intake and discharge fittings to provide water for plumbing system and engine cooling.
- 10) Installs and tightens hose clamps to form watertight seal, using wrench and screwdriver.
- 11) Operates saw to cut holes for valves, outlets, and propellor drive shaft.
- 12) Inserts valve and outlet fittings through hole to provide watertight fit.
- 13) Operates overhead hoist controls to position engine in boat.
- 14) Pushes and pulls engine to position engine over mount rails.
- 15) Inserts stub shaft in engine drive coupling to aid in aligning engine on mount rails and to locate position for shaft gland on stern post.
- 16) Drills holes in engine mount rails, using portable electric drill, inserts bolts, and tightens bolts, using wrench, to secure engine to boat.
- 17) May lead and give directions to other workers performing same duties.
Is being an "INSTALLER, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING, MECHANICAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSTALLER, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING, MECHANICAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSTALLER, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING, MECHANICAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSTALLER, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING, MECHANICAL"
Job Number: 5332