Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and tests coated or uncoated wire for such properties as electrical resistance, hardness, size, cross sectional shape, and tensile strength, to verify their conformance to specifications: Reads written specifications, or receives oral instructions and determines work aids required and inspection procedures.
- 2) Tests wire for electrical resistance, elongation, and tensile strength, by inserting wire in various testing devices and noting instrument readings.
- 3) Measures wire for size, using micrometers and fixed gauges.
- 4) Examines wire for defects, such as pits, scratches, and burnt surfaces.
- 5) Records test results and informs supervisor when wire varies from specifications.
- 6) May test wire for defective insulation and resistance to high temperature, using electrical testing equipment and electric heating furnaces.
- 7) May be designated according to product inspected as Inspector, Wire Rope.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, WIRE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, WIRE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, WIRE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, WIRE"
Job Number: 5318