"INSPECTOR, TYPEWRITER ASSEMBLY AND PARTS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects typewriters, subassemblies, and parts for conformance with specifications, using handtools and measuring instruments: Moves parts to determine binding, looseness, or misalignment.
- 2) Tests tightness of screws and nuts, using screwdrivers and wrenches.
- 3) Measures dimensions of parts, distance between them, and shapes of angles and curves to verify conformance to specifications, using comparator, micrometer, dial indicators, and fixed and adjustable gauges.
- 4) Refers to blueprints and charts for tolerances.
- 5) Examines parts for surface defects, such as rust, dullness, discoloration, and chipped and scratched finish.
- 6) Stops production when rejects exceed specified limits.
- 7) Compiles information to indicate number of, and reasons for, rejects.
- 8) May train other workers performing inspections.
- 9) May be designated according to type of assembly monitored as Inspector, Conveyor Line; Inspector, Final Assembly-Conveyor Line; Inspector, Floor Sub-Assembly; Inspector, Station Assembly-Conveyor Line; or type of parts inspected as Inspector, Purchased Parts.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, TYPEWRITER ASSEMBLY AND PARTS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, TYPEWRITER ASSEMBLY AND PARTS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, TYPEWRITER ASSEMBLY AND PARTS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, TYPEWRITER ASSEMBLY AND PARTS"
Job Number: 5312