Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects, tests, and adjusts new and reworked tools, dies, gauges, jigs, and fixtures, for conformance to specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and hardness, applying knowledge of tool and die design, shop mathematics, and machining and testing procedures, using precision measuring instruments, testing equipment, and handtools: Computes angles, radii, and other unspecified dimensions of workpiece, using algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- 2) Positions workpiece on surface plate and lays out reference points and center lines on parts.
- 3) Examines defective parts to determine cause of defect and recommends changes or modifications.
- 4) Determines salvageability of defective items, utilizing knowledge of material and machining costs.
- 5) Measures surface finish of part, using profilometer.
- 6) Inspects first run parts and assemblies.
- 7) Writes report regarding inspection and testing results.
- 8) May draw enlarged part details for use on optical comparator.
- 9) May use laser-equipped measuring instruments.
- 10) May inspect parts for flaws or internal fissures, using ultrasonic equipment or fluorescent lights.
- 11) May test gauges used in manufacture and assembly of watches, using measuring devices and microscope, and be designated Gauge Controller.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, TOOL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, TOOL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, TOOL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, TOOL"
Job Number: 5309