Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines agricultural equipment, such as tractors, combines, and balers, for surface defects, prior to shipment: Examines painted surfaces for scratches, surfaces of parts, such as hydraulic shafts and chains for specified protective coating, and grills, ports, and vents for required sealing against entrance of dust, dirt, and foreign material.
- 2) Reads labels, tags, identification plates, and stenciled markings to ensure that items, such as serial and part numbers, correspond.
- 3) Compares unit with shipping order to determine if correct accessories, such as boxes of spare parts and tools, are present.
- 4) Examines unit to ensure that accessories and parts are securely mounted and that parts, such as radiator and transmission, do not leak.
- 5) Notifies supervisor of defects.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, SHIPPING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, SHIPPING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, SHIPPING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, SHIPPING"
Job Number: 5302