"INSPECTOR, SET-UP AND LAY-OUT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Develops gauging setup and surface plate layout procedures, draws patterns and templates, and inspects variety of parts and tools, to provide inspection devices and fixtures for use in machining or assembly, using blueprints, formulas, trigonometry, and precision measuring instruments: Analyzes inspection problem by comparing part with blueprints or sketches, and devises procedures necessary to measure specified dimensions.
- 2) Lays out part on surface plate or positions in gauging setup to verify dimensions, using master gauges, indexing head, gauge blocks, comparators, verniers, micrometers, and indicators.
- 3) Develops and draws patterns and templates used to measure curves and angles.
- 4) Tests surface finish of machined parts, using profilameter.
- 5) Tests hardness of metal parts.
- 6) Analyzes defective parts to determine reasons for dimensional variations, such as faulty machining, or assembly procedures, setup, tools, or fixtures.
- 7) Recommends corrective procedures to design, methods, process, or production engineering departments.
- 8) Inspects machining or assembly fixtures, tools, or gauges, and suggests replacement or use of new equipment.
- 9) May approve parts not within specified dimension tolerances.
- 10) May change allowable tolerances specified on blueprint.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, SET-UP AND LAY-OUT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, SET-UP AND LAY-OUT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, SET-UP AND LAY-OUT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, SET-UP AND LAY-OUT"
Job Number: 5300