Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects purchased parts, assemblies, accessories, and materials for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices: Examines items for defects in materials, work, and damage occurring in transit.
- 2) Compares quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- 3) Inspects and measures items for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, and functional operation, according to blueprints, parts manuals, company or military standards, and other specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices.
- 4) Approves or rejects items, and records inspection and disposition information.
- 5) May test hardness of metals, using testing equipment.
- 6) May examine x rays of welded parts to determine that welds conform to established standards.
- 7) May inspect outgoing and production line parts and materials.
- 8) May prepare inspection procedure outlines for reference use in subsequent inspections, using data obtained from blueprints, customer specifications, and catalogs.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, RECEIVING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, RECEIVING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, RECEIVING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, RECEIVING"
Job Number: 5293