Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines railroad equipment and systems to verify compliance with Federal safety regulations: Inspects railroad locomotives, engines, and cars to ensure adherence to safety standards governing condition of mechanical, structural, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic elements or systems, using blueprints, schematic diagrams, gauges, handtools, and test equipment.
- 2) Tests railroad signals to determine warning light responses to commands from dispatcher or tripswitches, using simulator.
- 3) Inspects roadbeds to detect damaged, worn, or defective equipment, such as rails, ties, bolts, fishplates, or switches.
- 4) Inspects condition and movement of railroad cars containing flammable or explosive materials to ensure safe loading, switching, and transport.
- 5) Reviews records, operating practices, and accident history to verify compliance with safety regulations.
- 6) Issues citations to railroad employees of condition or equipment found in violation of standards.
- 7) Investigates accidents and inspects wreckage to determine causes.
- 8) Prepares inspection reports for use by administrative or judicial authorities.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, RAILROAD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, RAILROAD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, RAILROAD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, RAILROAD"
Job Number: 5292