"INSPECTOR, PAPER PRODUCTS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects paper and paperboard products during corrugating, laminating, printing, cutting, scoring, coating, forming, sealing, and packaging processes to ensure adherence to plant quality standards and work orders: Examines product for defects, such as blisters, wrinkles, improper forming and sealing, glue spots, printing overlap, and color distortions.
- 2) Measures dimensions and thickness of product, using tape measure and automatic micrometer.
- 3) Weighs coated and uncoated products, calculates weight of coating, and records weight data on inspection report.
- 4) Tests mullen and crush qualities of paper and paperboard, using mullen and crush tester, and records test results on inspection report.
- 5) Spot-counts number of articles in bundle or shipping container to verify accuracy.
- 6) Examines rejects to determine those that can be salvaged and routes unusable material to scrap baler.
- 7) May be designated according to product inspected as Paper-Bag Inspector; Tube Inspector; or according to phase of process as Assembly Inspector.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, PAPER PRODUCTS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, PAPER PRODUCTS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, PAPER PRODUCTS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, PAPER PRODUCTS"
Job Number: 5278