"INSPECTOR, MOTOR VEHICLES"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects motor vehicles and cargoes for compliance with statutory regulations: Reviews employer records to determine that accidents, traffic violations, and medical information are recorded according to federal and state regulations.
- 2) Advises shipper of methods to improve cargo security and record keeping to account for shortage or theft.
- 3) Interprets applicable regulations and suggests method of self-inspection to accomplish voluntary compliance with code.
- 4) Inspects vehicle systems, such as lights, brakes, tires, directional signals, exhaust systems, and warning devices, to detect excessive wear or malfunction.
- 5) Measures interior and exterior noise levels, using decibel meter.
- 6) Measures efficiency of emission-control devices, using electronic test apparatus.
- 7) Reviews shipping papers to identify hazardous cargo, such as explosives, poisons, or combustibles.
- 8) Inspects manner in which hazardous cargo is secured to prevent accidental spillage.
- 9) Computes and records weight of commercial trucks at highway weigh station or uses portable scale to determine gross weight and distribution of load over axles.
- 10) Reviews commercial vehicle log to verify driver has not exceeded allowable driving hours and required permits and licenses are displayed.
- 11) Declares vehicle or driver out-of-service for violation of intra- or interstate commerce regulations.
- 12) Inspects buses to determine compliance with public transport regulations.
- 13) May accompany bus drivers to observe conduct and observance with safety precautions.
- 14) May inspect establishments that rebuild containers used to hold hazardous materials.
- 15) May testify in legal proceedings.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, MOTOR VEHICLES" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, MOTOR VEHICLES" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, MOTOR VEHICLES"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, MOTOR VEHICLES"
Job Number: 5271