Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and tests missile components and ground support equipment, according to blueprints and specifications, using precision measuring instruments and test equipment: Examines components of missile systems, such as electrical, electronic, instrumentation, mechanical, propulsion, hydraulic, and pneumatic, for conformance to quality standards.
- 2) Tests functional performance of system components, using test equipment.
- 3) Inspects and measures parts and assemblies for alignment, location, dimension, fit, location of bolt and rivet holes, and fastening to ensure conformance to blueprints and specifications, using jigs, fixtures, sight levels, and precision measuring instruments.
- 4) Inspects ground equipment, such as missile boosters, launch pads, and shelters, for conformance to standards and specifications.
- 5) Visually and tactilely examines ablative coating on exterior surfaces of missile to ensure uniform application.
- 6) Conducts or witnesses operational testing to verify that missile systems adhere to specifications.
- 7) Analyzes inspection and test results and prepares inspection reports indicating acceptance, rejection, or rework required.
- 8) Confers with customers, engineering, production, and inspection personnel to exchange information, such as test results or proposed modifications to missile system.
- 9) May inspect and test missile systems prior to flight or delivery to customer and be designated Inspector, Missile Final Assembly; Missile Inspector, Preflight.
- 10) May inspect space vehicle components during final assembly and be designated Space Vehicle Inspector, Preflight.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, MISSILE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, MISSILE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, MISSILE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, MISSILE"
Job Number: 5270