"INSPECTOR, MATERIAL DISPOSITION"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects rejected or obsolete aircraft parts, assemblies, or materials to determine disposition, utilizing knowledge of production processes, repair methods, and cost, using precision measuring instruments: Reviews rejection slips to determine method of inspection required.
- 2) Inspects and measures parts to determine nature and extent of defect, using surface plate or table and precision measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
- 3) Compares inspection results with specifications and consults with manufacturing, engineering, and other personnel to determine possibility and practicability of salvaging rejected parts, assemblies, or materials.
- 4) Evaluates inspection data, considering value, costs involved, production delays, quality, appearance, and related factors, and recommends final disposition, such as scrap, return to vendor, salvage, or rework.
- 5) Records inspection results and recommendations for disposition of parts, assemblies, or materials.
- 6) May investigate rejections of parts and assemblies to determine corrective action to prevent recurrence and be designated Material Review Board Representative, Quality Control.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, MATERIAL DISPOSITION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, MATERIAL DISPOSITION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, MATERIAL DISPOSITION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, MATERIAL DISPOSITION"
Job Number: 5266