"INSPECTOR, MAGNETIC PARTICLE AND PENETRANT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects chemically treated metallic and nonmetallic parts and assemblies under fluorescent or black lighting for defects, such as fissures, weld breaks, or fractures, using magnetic particle or fluid penetrant inspection processes and equipment, using either of following methods: Immerses or sprays ferrous magnetic metal parts with iron oxide solution.
- 2) Positions parts between electrodes of magnetic testing equipment and activates switch to induce magnetic field that attracts and accumulates iron oxide particles at defective points.
- 3) Immerses or sprays nonmagnetic metal or nonmetallic parts with fluid penetrant solution.
- 4) Rinses excess solution from parts, and dries parts in oven.
- 5) Examines parts under fluorescent or black lighting to detect defects at or near part surfaces indicated by thick deposits of iron oxide particles or reflection of penetrant solutions.
- 6) Removes surface defects, using handtools, power tools, or abrasive solutions, or marks part defects for repair or discard depending on nature and extent of defects.
- 7) Notifies supervisor of defective processing of parts or materials.
- 8) May be designated by inspection process involved as Inspector, Magnetic Particle; Inspector, Penetrant.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, MAGNETIC PARTICLE AND PENETRANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, MAGNETIC PARTICLE AND PENETRANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, MAGNETIC PARTICLE AND PENETRANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, MAGNETIC PARTICLE AND PENETRANT"
Job Number: 5265