Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects materials and products, such as sheet stock, auto body or engine parts, dental instruments, machine shop parts, and metal castings, for conformance to specifications, using fixed or preset measuring instruments: Examines material or product for surface defects, such as cracks, pits, and incomplete welds.
- 2) Compares product with parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly.
- 3) Verifies specified dimensions of product or material, using inspection equipment, such as fixed gauges, templates, and preset micrometer, vernier height gauges, and dial indicator.
- 4) Rejects defective parts, and marks type of defect on part, container of parts, or inspection tag.
- 5) May test parts for hardness, using hardness tester.
- 6) May test mechanisms for clearance and freedom of movement.
- 7) May be designated Inspector, Filters.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, GENERAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, GENERAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, GENERAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, GENERAL"
Job Number: 5250