"INSPECTOR, GAUGE AND INSTRUMENT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and adjusts gauges, measuring instruments, and testing equipment for conformance to blueprint specifications: Verifies accuracy of gauges and measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, height gauges, and electrical and functional gauges, using master gauges or master parts.
- 2) Examines gauges or measuring instruments for wear or adjustment.
- 3) Disassembles inaccurate or worn gauges and measuring instruments with handtools.
- 4) Inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- 5) Verifies dimensions of parts against blueprint specifications, using gauge blocks, micrometer, vernier height gauge, sine bar, bevel protractor, and optical comparator.
- 6) Measures surface flatness and finish, using optical flats and profilameter.
- 7) Computes unspecified dimensions and other data, using shop mathematics and trigonometry.
- 8) Laps corroded or pitted surfaces.
- 9) Reassembles gauge and adjusts stops and levers to specified settings.
- 10) Inspects accuracy of new gauges and instruments for conformance to blueprint specifications before they are released for production use.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, GAUGE AND INSTRUMENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, GAUGE AND INSTRUMENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, GAUGE AND INSTRUMENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, GAUGE AND INSTRUMENT"
Job Number: 5249