Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects machined workpieces and assemblies at assembly, inspection, or machining station to ensure conformance to specifications: Reads blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions.
- 2) Compares surface finish of workpiece to finish on set of standard blocks making fingertip touch comparison to ensure production of specified surface finish.
- 3) Measures dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator, and snap gauge, to ensure product meets specifications.
- 4) Locates reference point on part and measures dimensions, such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plates, parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, V-blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instruments.
- 5) Reports findings to INSPECTION SUPERVISOR.
- 6) May inspect first run parts.
- 7) May set up and try out inspection equipment to ensure accuracy.
- 8) May substitute known values, such as dimensions from blueprints into standard formulas and solve for unknown quantities, using knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, or geometry to determine dimensions not specified in blueprints.
- 9) May test hardness of workpiece surface, using hardness testing machine.
- 10) May be designated according to type of product inspected as Propeller Inspector; Turbine Inspector.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, FLOOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, FLOOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, FLOOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, FLOOR"
Job Number: 5246