Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects finished felt for processing flaws, such as random thickness, grease spots, and dye marks, and grades felt, following grading specifications: Places roll of felt onto holding fixture at end of glass-top inspection table, assisted by another worker.
- 2) Threads front end of felt strip between hold-down bar and table.
- 3) Activates fluorescent light inside table and sets table gauges to measure length, width, and thickness of felt.
- 4) Feeds felt onto takeup roller that pulls felt across lighted table.
- 5) Depresses button to activate takeup roller.
- 6) Examines felt for lint, grease spots, discolorations, and dye marks.
- 7) Reads thickness and width gauges to verify conformity to specifications.
- 8) Depresses button to stop takeup roller when felt meets length specification.
- 9) Cuts felt from roll and weighs felt piece to detect deviation from prescribed weight.
- 10) Marks ticket and attaches ticket to portion of felt that needs to be reworked or discarded.
- 11) Records thickness, width, length, and weight of felt on mill ticket.
- 12) Grades felt according to grading specifications.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, FINISHING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, FINISHING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, FINISHING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, FINISHING"
Job Number: 5243