Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects metallic and nonmetallic aircraft parts, such as extrusions, tubing, skins, access doors, fuel and oil tank sections, and air ducts, for conformance to standards and specifications: Reads and interprets inspection manuals, blueprints, engineering drawings, and specifications to determine inspection method and procedures and allowable tolerances.
- 2) Examines parts for defects, such as cracks, corrosion, pits, and stress and fatigue marks.
- 3) Measures dimensions, contours, trim lines, angles, radii, and coordination of parts for conformance to blueprints and specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices, such as surface plate, surface table, micrometers, calipers, protractor, and contour templates.
- 4) Calculates allowable dimensional deviations, utilizing knowledge of shop math.
- 5) Verifies configuration of component parts and location of fastener holes, using check fixtures and measuring instruments.
- 6) Inspects welding, heat treating, bonding, brazing, and machining of parts for conformance to specifications.
- 7) Observes or conducts testing of parts to ensure that functional performance and physical characteristics conform to fabrication standards and specifications, using testing and measuring equipment.
- 8) Accepts or rejects parts and records inspection results.
- 9) Discusses inspection and test results with quality assurance, production, and engineering personnel.
- 10) May review inspection results prepared by other inspectors.
- 11) May be designated according to fabrication process involved as Inspector, Machined Parts; Inspector, Sheet Metal Parts; Inspector, Welded Parts.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, FABRICATION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, FABRICATION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, FABRICATION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, FABRICATION"
Job Number: 5239