Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines articles made from fabric, such as bags, bed linens, canvas products, or house furnishings, to detect soil and assembly defects: Measures length or width of article to detect variation from customer or plant specifications, using tape or rule.
- 2) Spreads article over table or rack and scans article to detect defective stitching, loose threads, color variations between thread and fabric, and uneven seams, corners, pleats, or hems.
- 3) Cuts excess threads with scissors.
- 4) Marks defects with gummed label or chalk.
- 5) Stacks articles that fail to meet specifications on handtruck or table.
- 6) Records number and type of defects.
- 7) Folds articles according to customer or plant specifications.
- 8) May examine paired articles, comparing designs to detect irregular alignment.
- 9) May inspect tufted articles, scanning article to detect uneven or ragged tufts.
- 10) May work as member of team to examine large articles, such as blankets, bedspreads, and draperies.
- 11) May be designated according to article inspected as Bag Inspector; Bedspread Inspector; Blanket Inspector; Curtain Inspector; Dish-Cloth Inspector; Drapery Inspector.
- 12) May be designated: Inspector, Canvas Products; Returned-Goods Inspector; Sheet Inspector; Towel Inspector.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, FABRIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, FABRIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, FABRIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, FABRIC"
Job Number: 5238