"INSPECTOR, EXHAUST EMISSIONS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and tests motor vehicle emission control systems, using handtools and computerized testing equipment: Attaches test circuit leads to vehicle ignition system and inserts exhaust probe in tail pipe.
- 2) Starts and accelerates engine to specified speed.
- 3) Observes dials and meters of testing equipment to determine exhaust emission content and records readings on chart.
- 4) Compares computer printout to exhaust emissions chart to detect variations.
- 5) Examines emission control systems to determine cause of faulty operation.
- 6) Adjusts and replaces defective parts, using handtools.
- 7) Records incidence of recurring defects and consults with department heads or plant engineers to initiate corrective measures.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, EXHAUST EMISSIONS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, EXHAUST EMISSIONS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, EXHAUST EMISSIONS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, EXHAUST EMISSIONS"
Job Number: 5235