Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects lifting and conveying devices, such as elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks, and other similar mechanisms to verify conformance to laws and ordinances regulating design, installation, and safe operation: Inspects mechanical and electrical features of elevator installations, including elevator cars, beams, safety devices, control circuits, cables, guide rails, governors, switch boxes, counterweights, and buffers for conformance to governmental safety orders and regulations concerning standards of design, installation, maintenance, and operation.
- 2) Conducts time tests of elevator's speed.
- 3) Computes allowable loads for elevators and other devices.
- 4) Observes running and drop test of elevators to determine if brakes and safety devices work properly.
- 5) Inspects escalators, dumbwaiters, personnel lifts and hoists, platform hoists, inclined railways, aerial tramways, ski lifts, and various amusement rides to determine if safety precautions are observed.
- 6) Recommends corrections for unsafe conditions.
- 7) Seals operating device of unsafe elevators and other equipment.
- 8) Investigates accidents involving elevators and similar lifting devices to determine causes and to develop means of preventing recurrence.
- 9) Inspects equipment damaged by fire and recommends repair.
- 10) Consults with engineers, installers, and owners regarding solution to problems connected with installation, maintenance, and repair of elevating equipment.
- 11) Keeps records and prepares reports of inspections and investigations for use by administrative and legal authorities.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, ELEVATORS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, ELEVATORS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, ELEVATORS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, ELEVATORS"
Job Number: 5234