Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and tests components, housings, and finished assemblies of electromechanical instruments and equipment, such as oceanographic instruments, navigational systems, medical diagnostic equipment, and measuring, indicating, and controlling instruments, for conformance to specifications, using magnifying devices, test equipment, and precision measuring instruments: Reviews work orders, blueprints, or other specifications and confers with supervisor, engineer, and other personnel to determine product dimensions and specifications.
- 2) Examines electrical, structural, and mechanical components and housings for defects in assembly, soldering, bonding, and finish.
- 3) Measures dimensions and verifies locations of parts, holes, grooves, and other points, using precision measuring instruments, such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, dial indicators, and optical comparators.
- 4) Tests electrical components and finished devices for electrical functioning, using electrical test equipment, such as oscilloscope, multimeter, voltmeter, and computerized test equipment.
- 5) Tests functional characteristics, such as freedom of movement, leaks, and torque, and tests performance of device under simulated operating conditions, using specialized test equipment.
- 6) Maintains records of inspection and test results and presents results to other staff for corrective action.
- 7) May inspect and calibrate precision measuring instruments used to measure electromechanical instruments and equipment, using calibrating equipment.
- 8) May inspect and test purchased parts and materials and be designated Receiving Inspector.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, ELECTROMECHANICAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, ELECTROMECHANICAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, ELECTROMECHANICAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, ELECTROMECHANICAL"
Job Number: 5233