Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects new and existing buildings and structures to enforce conformance to building, grading, and zoning laws and approved plans, specifications, and standards: Inspects residential, commercial, industrial, and other buildings during and after construction to ensure that components, such as footings, floor framing, completed framing, chimneys, and stairways meet provisions of building, grading, zoning, and safety laws and approved plans, specifications, and standards.
- 2) Observes conditions and issues notices for corrections to persons responsible for conformance.
- 3) Obtains evidence and prepares report concerning violations which have not been corrected.
- 4) Interprets legal requirements and recommends compliance procedures to contractors, craftworkers, and owners.
- 5) Keeps inspection records and prepares reports for use by administrative or judicial authorities.
- 6) May conduct surveys of existing buildings to determine lack of prescribed maintenance, housing violations, or hazardous conditions.
- 7) May review request for and issue building permits.
- 8) May specialize in inspecting multifamily residences, temporary structures, buildings to be moved, or building appendages, such as chimneys, signs, swimming pools, retaining walls, and excavations and fills.
- 9) May specialize in inspecting single-family residences for enforcement of full range of building, zoning, grading, and mechanical codes, including electrical, plumbing, heating and refrigeration, ventilating, and air-conditioning regulations and be designated Residential Building Inspector.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, BUILDING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, BUILDING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, BUILDING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, BUILDING"
Job Number: 5218