"INSPECTOR, ASSEMBLIES AND INSTALLATIONS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects assemblies, such as fuselage, tail, and wings, joining of assemblies into major structure, installation of parts, equipment, and accessories, or complete aircraft for conformance to specifications and quality standards: Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering documents, and inspection manuals and procedures to determine methods and sequence of inspection.
- 2) Examines parts and assemblies for physical characteristics, such as surface finish, color, and texture, and for defects, such as cracks, scratches, and loose connections.
- 3) Measures parts and assemblies for dimensional accuracy and adherence to blueprint specifications.
- 4) Inspects assembly, mating, and installation of parts, assemblies, and equipment for alignment, fit, clearance, tension, throw limits, torque, and related factors, using fixtures, jigs, and precision measuring and checking instruments, such as scales, protractor, tensiometer, and gauges.
- 5) Conducts or witnesses functional or operational tests of partial or completed units, such as landing gear, auto pilot, engine controls, and rudders, to verify conformance to specifications, using test equipment.
- 6) Accepts or rejects assemblies or installations, and recommends repair, rework, or replacement of component parts.
- 7) Confers with engineering, production, and inspection personnel to exchange inspection information.
- 8) May be designated according to assembly or installation inspected as Inspector, Subassembly; Inspector, Final Assembly; Inspector, Final Assembly, Electrical; Inspector, Final Assembly, Mechanical; Inspector, Structures; Inspector, Engines And Components Assembly; Inspector, Experimental Assembly; Inspector, Electrical And Electronic Installations.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, ASSEMBLIES AND INSTALLATIONS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, ASSEMBLIES AND INSTALLATIONS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, ASSEMBLIES AND INSTALLATIONS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, ASSEMBLIES AND INSTALLATIONS"
Job Number: 5206