Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects aircraft and maintenance base facilities to assure conformance with federal safety and qualifications standards: Examines aircraft maintenance record and flight log to determine if service checks, maintenance checks, and overhauls were performed at intervals prescribed.
- 2) Inspects landing gear, tires, and exterior of fuselage, wings, and engine for evidence of damage or corrosion and recommends repair.
- 3) Examines access plates and doors for security.
- 4) Inspects new, repaired, or modified aircraft, according to checklist, to determine structural and mechanical airworthiness, using handtools and test instruments.
- 5) Starts aircraft and observes gauges, meters, and other instruments to detect evidence of malfunction.
- 6) Examines electrical systems and accompanies flight crew on proving flight to test instruments.
- 7) Inventories spare parts to determine whether stock meets requirements.
- 8) Analyzes training programs to assure competency of persons operating, installing, and repairing equipment.
- 9) Informs airline officials of deficiencies.
- 10) Prepares report of inspection to document findings.
- 11) Approves or disapproves issuance of certificate of airworthiness.
- 12) Conducts examinations to test theoretical and practical knowledge of construction, maintenance, repair, and trouble diagnosis for aircraft mechanics license candidates.
- 13) Investigates air accidents to determine whether cause was due to structural or mechanical malfunction.
- 14) Required to have federal aviation rating for type of aircraft inspected and pass federal aviation medical certification.
- 15) May be designated according to specialty as Air-Carrier Electronics Inspector; Air-Carrier Maintenance Inspector.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, AIR-CARRIER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, AIR-CARRIER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, AIR-CARRIER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, AIR-CARRIER"
Job Number: 5202