"INSPECTOR, AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects agricultural commodities, processing equipment, and facilities to enforce compliance with governmental regulations: Inspects horticultural products, such as fruits, vegetables, and ornamental plants to detect disease or infestations harmful to consumers or agricultural economy.
- 2) Inspects live animals and processing establishments to detect disease or unsanitary conditions.
- 3) Compares brand with registry to identify owner.
- 4) Examines, weighs, and measures commodities such as poultry, eggs, mutton, beef, and seafood to certify wholesomeness, grade, and weight.
- 5) Examines viscera to detect spots or abnormal growths.
- 6) Collects sample of pests or suspected diseased material and routes to laboratory for identification and analysis.
- 7) Writes report of findings and advises grower or processor of corrective action.
- 8) May testify in legal proceedings.
- 9) May be required to hold U.
- 11) Department of Agriculture license for each product inspected.
- 12) May be designated according to type of commodity or animal inspected.
Is being an "INSPECTOR, AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INSPECTOR, AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INSPECTOR, AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INSPECTOR, AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES"
Job Number: 5201