Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates injection-molding machines to cast products from thermoplastic materials: Installs dies on machine, according to work order specifications, using clamps, bolts, and handtools.
- 2) Sets machine controls, regulating molding temperature, volume of plastic, molding pressure and time, according to knowledge of plastics and molding procedures.
- 3) Dumps premixed plastic powders or pellets into hopper, and starts machine.
- 4) Pulls lever to close dies and inject plastic into dies to cast part.
- 5) Removes finished product from dies, using handtools.
- 6) Trims excess material from part, using knife.
- 7) May mix thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments in mixing machine, according to formula.
- 8) May grind scrap plastic into powder for reuse.
Is being an "INJECTION-MOLDING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INJECTION-MOLDING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INJECTION-MOLDING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INJECTION-MOLDING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5132