Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Pours molten, nonferrous metals into solidifying ingots to compensate for shrinkage that occurs when ingots cool in their molds: Dumps specified amount of metal and flux into pot of gas- or oil-fired furnace.
- 2) Reads temperature indicators and adjusts furnace flame to melt heading metal.
- 3) Adds metal to molds to compensate for shrinkage, using ladle.
- 4) Stencils identifying characters on top of solidified ingots, using special hammer tool.
- 5) Opens mold and removes ingot, using tongs.
Is being an "INGOT HEADER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INGOT HEADER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INGOT HEADER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INGOT HEADER"
Job Number: 5128