Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives gasoline-, liquefied gas-, or electric-powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory: Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- 2) Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- 3) Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- 4) May inventory materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- 5) May weigh materials or products and record weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- 6) May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- 7) May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank.
- 8) May be designated according to article moved as Lead Loader; process in which involved as Stripper Truck Operator; or type of truck operated as Electric-Truck-Crane Operator; Fork-Lift-Truck Operator; Tier-Lift-Truck Operator.
- 9) May be designated: Burnt-Lime Drawer; Casting Trucker; Electric-Freight-Car Operator; Electric-Truck Operator; Gasoline-Truck Operator; Metal-Storage Worker; Package-Lift Operator.
Is being an "INDUSTRIAL-TRUCK OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INDUSTRIAL-TRUCK OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INDUSTRIAL-TRUCK OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INDUSTRIAL-TRUCK OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5116