Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts health program in industrial plant or governmental organization to recognize, eliminate, and control occupational health hazards and diseases: Collects samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- 2) Investigates adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions which may affect employee health, comfort, or efficiency.
- 3) Conducts evaluations of exposure to ionizing and nonionizing radiation and to noise, and recommends measures to ensure maximum employee protection.
- 4) Collaborates with INDUSTRIAL-HEALTH ENGINEER and PHYSICIAN, OCCUPATIONAL to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions and equipment.
- 5) Prepares reports including observations, analysis of contaminants, and recommendations for control and correction of hazards.
- 6) Participates in educational meetings to instruct employees in matters pertaining to occupational health and prevention of accidents.
- 7) May specialize in particular area, such as collection and analysis of samples.
Is being an "INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST"
Job Number: 5108