Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Originates and develops ideas to design the form of manufactured products: Reads publications, attends showings, and consults with engineering, marketing, production, and sales representatives to establish design concepts.
- 2) Evaluates design ideas based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, price, production costs, methods of production, market characteristics, and client specifications.
- 3) Integrates findings and concepts and sketches design ideas.
- 4) Presents design to client or design committee and discusses need for modification and change.
- 5) May design product packaging and graphics for advertising.
- 6) May build simulated model, using hand and power tools and various materials.
- 7) May prepare illustrations.
- 8) May prepare or coordinate preparation of working drawings from sketches and design specifications.
- 9) May design products for custom applications.
- 10) May be required to have specialized product knowledge.
- 11) Usually specializes in specific product or type of product including, but not limited to hardware, motor vehicle exteriors and interiors, scientific instruments, industrial equipment, luggage, jewelry, housewares, toys, or novelties and is designated accordingly.
Is being an "INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER"
Job Number: 5105